Vintage inspired greeting cards

Vintage style Halloween Cards
We have been sending Holiday cards for as long as we can remember, but holiday cards did not become a popular tradition until the late 1800's. In the 18th Century, children created handmade gifts and cards for family and friends decorated with flowers, buttons, lace and things found around the house. Those were slower times, when holidays were not about shopping, gift cards or going on line to order gifts. I think that is why so many people like the vintage inspired holiday cards. They remind us of happy "traditional" times. The colors on the cards' illustrations seem to be a lot warmer and softer, bringing back memories of Holiday's past. I love the vintage style cards. You can find images to use for almost all the holidays. I have been working on Halloween cards and have found some great images for these cards.

When witches abound..
I embellish with lace, raffia and buttons to add to the nostalgic look.
You can find more vintage style cards on my Ecrater and Etsy site. I would love for you to stop by and take a look. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...