National Breast Cancer awareness month

Today is the first day of National Breast Cancer awareness month. It is a month to recognize so many who have struggled through this awful disease and celebrate with the survivors. It is a time to spread the word about the importance of early detection and self checks. The chances of survival have improved so much over the years that awareness is the first step in beating this awful disease.

My family has not been immune to this disease. Three woman from two of the generations have had to tackle this disease. My Grandmother was from an older generation that did not do regular checks and ignored early signs. She unfortunately lost the fight. My Mom and my Aunt are both survivors. They have shown courage and determination through hard times. My Aunt recently had a re-laps and will be going through re constructive surgery. She told my mom that she has never worn a Victoria Secret bra and that when all this was over she would buy one for the first time. So in honor of that, I have made this card.


When one is afflicted with this disease, there are many different personal choices that must be made. Some are tougher than others, but I think that when God created women, he knew that, throughout our lifetime, we would endure difficult events, such as child birth. So he gave use an extra dosage of strength that we can tap into during times such as these, enabling us to be pursevere and become Survivors!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Thus is a lovely card, and highlighting a brilliant cause.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh la la creations.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and I am sure your Aunt will appreciate the sentiment and I hope all goes well for her thank you for entering our use a bow challenge at Ooh La La creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...