The Honeymoon period

Every time I get new stamps I go through a "Honeymoon" period with them. Now you may ask what that means, so let me share with you my thoughts on this...


When I get that wonderful blue package in the mail, the new stamps sit on my desk until I have given them proper love. I don't take them out of their package, and I don't put them away until I "get to know them."

Now that may sound funny to you, but like any new relationship, you go through a get to know you period. You know that they will have a lot to offer you, but you still want to try them on for size.


I stamp them using different types of inks, different colors and on different types of paper. I try them with different embossing folders, stencils and embellishments and different combinations of stamps.



 I usually end up with several cards, some I love, some not so much, but it gives me a good feel for my new toys!



So I am here today to show you some of those cards I made with my two new stamps, You Did It and In Love, along with my new stencil called Chess Board. You will also see some not so new stamps like Wishing Well and Audrey Hepburn.



Be sure to pop over to my blog to see all the details and let me know which card you your favorite. 


Supplies Used

Stamps:  So Suzy Stamps - In Love, You did it, Judy Garland, Wishing Well
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Stencil: Chess Board
Embossing Folder - Darice
Washi Tape - Tim Holtz

Don't forget that I am not on Periscope. Be sure to follow me for fun tips and tricks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...