Canvas Corp December Challenge


The theme this month over at Canvas Corp Brands is "Christmas where are you?" We are asked to create a project showing how we celebrate Christmas where we live.

When one thinks of Phoenix, typically a Cactus comes to mind. During the Holiday season, we don't get snow, our weather is chilly, but not freezing and it is not uncommon to see decorated Cacti in my neighbors yards.

But just because we will never have a white Christmas, we do enjoy this time of year very much. I thought I would create a post card like card for all my fellow crafters to get a taste of what Christmas in Phoenix is like.  This scene may be something you may see while driving on Route 66.


I used an old paper stack from 7gypsies called Postale. I also had some I also used some rub ons from both Tim Holtz and 7gypsies.  I distressed the paper using both distress stain and distress ink.

I also outlined my paper with a distress crayon and smeared it with some collage medium from Tim Holtz to create an old vintage look. The truck and background stamps are both from Tim holtz.

To finish off the card, I used some postal washi tape and adhered it to a 5" x 7" white card base.

Thanks for stopping by. 






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. thank you for joining the CCB December challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...